Public Works & City Engineer +
Public Works Administration – Provide direction, support, coordination and policy development of the public works divisions; public relations (service requests); budget preparation; files maintenance; program coordination and control; internal personnel management and internal fiscal management; ensures compliance with federal, state regulations.
Streets – Street maintenance; snow removal-salting and sanding-snow plowing-sidewalk plowing-parking lot plowing; line painting; sign management; street lighting, and traffic signals.
Parks Maintenance – Turf management; irrigation system maintenance; beach maintenance; playground equipment maintenance, pavilion maintenance; restroom maintenance and event preparation/tear down.
Storm Sewer Maintenance
Street Cleaning – Street sweeping; fall leaf collection, spring brush collection, leaf/brush disposal.
Right-of-Way Maintenance – Tree trimming; tree removal; stump grinding; grass cutting and utility project restoration. Work may be performed by property owner, or authorized agent, in the right-of-way but not before submitting the "Application to Work in Public Right-of-Way" form.
Alley Maintenance – Grading; graveling; brush cutting.
Cemetery – Interments, grounds maintenance and record keeping.
Facilities & Equipment – Custodial maintenance; facility repairs; facility improvements; equipment maintenance& repair; facility maintenance; preventative maintenance; equipment rehabilitation; fuel dispensing; equipment acquisition and disposal.
The City Engineer is responsible for designing, inspecting and supervising the construction of various public works projects.
Projects that the Engineer is responsible for include roads, alleys, sidewalks, sewers (storm and sanitary), bridges, parking lots and ramps, and municipal buildings. In addition, the division provides engineering services and contract administration on projects for other City departments. The division calculates assessment costs to individual properties for public improvement and development fees for new subdivisions. Also, the division is responsible for obtaining land and easements for public improvements and maintains records related to land acquisition and street vacations. This division issues permits for activities within the public right-of-way, administers the sanitary sewer service charges, and maintains as-built records for streets, sewers and municipal structures.
Dump Usage Policy +
City of Marinette
Board of Public Works
Policy No. BPW 2.0001
Subject: City of Marinette Dump Usage Policy
John Marx, Board President
James M. Anderson, City Clerk
WHEREAS, the City of Marinette wishes to implement a city-wide policy regarding usage of the City Dump; and
WHEREAS, the City of Marinette wishes to restrict usage of the City Dump to its own residents at a reasonable fee to help offset its own tipping fees for the disposal of waste;
NOW THEREFORE, the City of Marinette Board of Public Works adopts the following policy:
1. Only City of Marinette residents are allowed access to the City Dump. City of Marinette residents shall obtain a City Services Card to make use of the City Dump;
2. The City Services Card shall be obtained from the Civic Center. Residents must present a valid Wisconsin Drivers License or picture ID showing their current address to obtain the City Services Card;
3. City Services Card holders may drop-off yard waste materials or take compost at no charge;
4. City Services Card holders are required to pay fees according to the fee schedule in MMC 9.1302 ;
5. Contractors are prohibited from using the City Dump;
6. Business owners, tax exempt organizations and government agencies are prohibited from using the City Dump;
7. Landlords are prohibited from using the City Dump;
8. The City of Marinette will allow issuance of limited 30-day duration "Courtesy" City Services Card for individuals who have provided documentation to the Department of Public Works that they are either power of attorney, legal guardian or conservator for a resident who no longer is physically and/or mentally able to maintain their properties or utilize the dumpsite on their own, or for Personal Representatives of the Estate of individuals who were residents of the City of Marinette at the time of their death. If there is no Personal Representative appointed for the decedent, immediate family members of the decedent may be issued a “Courtesy” City Services Card. Extensions of the 30-day time period may be granted in the discretion of the Director of the Department of Public Works upon a showing of good cause.
9. Dump site shall be open Wednesdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm: Beginning Wednesday, April 19th 2017. Dump site shall be open seasonally every Saturday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm. Dump site may be closed for weather or other emergency situations.
10. Only residents of the City of Marinette may obtain a City Services Card, and these residents who hold a valid City Services Card may only utilize the City Dump to dispose of waste originated from their primary residence which they own or lease.
11. Residents with a City Services card may not utilize the dump to dispose of solid waste from other persons or business entities.
12. Beginning Monday, April 17th: A yard waste and brush drop off site will be available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. This will be at the City of Marinette Garage, 2411 Cleveland Ave. NO OTHER ITEMS WILL BE ALLOWED AT THIS SITE. CAMERAS WILL BE IN USE AT THIS SITE AND VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED!
13. Note that the City and Waste Management will now except #’s 3-7 plastics, along with the current #1 & 2 plastics
14. Goodwill of Marinette is currently accepting computers & electronics for FREE! TV’S ARE NOT ACCEPTED!
15. Florescent light bulbs containing mercury are accepted at the Marinette Wastewater Utility, 501 Water St. Monday –Friday, 7:30AM – 2:30PM
16. IT IS ILLEGAL TO DEPOSIT GRASS & LEAVES INTO CITY STREETS & GUTTERS. This includes the blowing of grass or leaves with a lawnmower or leave blower. City Ordnance 8>0112(a). This debris plugs the city storm sewers, causing flooding issues during rain events